[kismac] Parameter handover

  • From: Ludwig Kamphenkel <kilgor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 23:34:48 +0200

is there somewhere in KisMac a function that allows that KisMac is handing over accesspoint settings to some other device?

I am thinking in ways that iStumbler allows to join a network by pressing a button, but I am thinking in some more elaborate ways:
I am using a sitecom WL-012 that is the USB Prism2 device used for passive scanning
Also I have a Belkin USB WLan device and AirPort extreme in my IB G4
I am experimenting with different encrypion on my AP at home and with friends at their APs.
So the Setup is that I am connected to the AP via AirPort to monitor the access to the AP
The Sitecom is collecting data of that traffic and attacking the data captured, after a successfull attack I enter the found data into the config of the belkin an connect to the AP and can monitor this with the AirPort connection.

I do know that I could simply connect with the belkin and see how the AP logs that connection, but playing with friends that becomes more a hassel and also it would be way cool just to show them how easy it is to enter their nets.

On a related note: does anybody knows why I can not use the DLink driver with the Sitecom? I changed the VID and PID in IOPrism kext files to reflect the sitecom but that does not work. Also changing the values in the setup package will not work.

I will play around with USB Prober a little more in the next one or two weeks but any hint is welcome.