[kismac] Re: Packet reinjection

  • From: Mario Mlynek <roxxor-mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:07:52 +0100

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:10:39 +0100 (MET)
Holger Mahlau <hmahlau@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a question about the packet reinjection function in KISMAC
>
> It is the same as packet injection ?? With packet injection I can shut down
> the base station, I think so.

no it's not.., i think so..
reinjection is, if you listen in monitor mode and catch a wep-encrypted packet,
with size of an arp-request for example, an then you send this packet again and
again and again and ...
what happens .. someone in the encrypted wlan sends one arp-replay on every
arp-request you send..
tata.. a lot of encrypted traffic with weak-iv's..
so i hope it's correct what i wrote, if not.. please help me mick ;)
greedings ..mario