[kismac] Re: Packet injection with Airport Extreme?

  • From: "Bryan Walker" <bryan.d.walker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 20:39:18 -0400

devnullian, let me know about the antenna connection on the WUSBG
v4...I've got a line on one and I'd love to know!

On 9/6/06, devnullian@xxxxxxx <devnullian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

You want a D-Link DWL-G122 vB1 or a Linksys WUSB54G v4. The version numbers are important, as that's what indicates that it is a Ralink chipset. There are probably others out there with ralink chipsets, so give google a try if you for some reason don't want either of these. The linksys might have an external antenna connector inside. I'm opening mine up right now to find out... Devnullian

On Sep 6, 2006, at 7:55 AM, Ronald Rosson wrote: So which USB dongle do we need to keep an eye out for. ;-)

________________________________ From: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: "kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:22:13 +0930 To: "kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [kismac] Re: Packet injection with Airport Extreme?

Complain to Broadcom. They won't release specs about the card at all.

It would be theoretically possible to code something out of the
reverse-engineered Linux driver... but that will be a difficult job.

Ralink USB card = lot nicer, as we do have all the specs, and the Linux

On 06/09/2006, at 1:32 PM, Bug Dave wrote:

don't get your hopes up :( Your best bet i to buy a ralink chipset. It's
supposed to be the first b/g to support packet injection on kismac

On Sep 5, 2006, at 11:21 PM, Rohan Hill wrote:

Is this something that is planned / feasible?