[kismac] Re: Packet injection with Airport Extreme?

  • From: devnullian@xxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 12:14:46 -0600

No such luck. The folding antenna on the side is connected via a cable soldered into the board, so if you're willing to take it that far, you could probably just snip the wire and add your own connector without too much effort. If you're going to do this, you should know that there's a screw hidden underneath the rubber pad on the same corner of the device as the folding antenna... I refused to figure this out until after I cut myself (not bad--no stitches or anything) trying to open the case with my hobby knife. Note to self: the brain works--you should try it sometime!

Devnullian
On Sep 6, 2006, at 6:39 PM, Bryan Walker wrote:

devnullian, let me know about the antenna connection on the WUSBG
v4...I've got a line on one and I'd love to know!

On 9/6/06, devnullian@xxxxxxx <devnullian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

You want a D-Link DWL-G122 vB1 or a Linksys WUSB54G v4. The version numbers
are important, as that's what indicates that it is a Ralink chipset. There
are probably others out there with ralink chipsets, so give google a try if
you for some reason don't want either of these.
The linksys might have an external antenna connector inside. I'm opening
mine up right now to find out...
Devnullian

On Sep 6, 2006, at 7:55 AM, Ronald Rosson wrote: So which USB dongle do we need to keep an eye out for. ;-)

-Ron

________________________________ From: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: "kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:22:13 +0930 To: "kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [kismac] Re: Packet injection with Airport Extreme?

Complain to Broadcom. They won't release specs about the card at all.

It would be theoretically possible to code something out of the
reverse-engineered Linux driver... but that will be a difficult job.

Ralink USB card = lot nicer, as we do have all the specs, and the Linux
driver.

On 06/09/2006, at 1:32 PM, Bug Dave wrote:

don't get your hopes up :( Your best bet i to buy a ralink chipset. It's
supposed to be the first b/g to support packet injection on kismac

On Sep 5, 2006, at 11:21 PM, Rohan Hill wrote:

Is this something that is planned / feasible?