[kismac] Re: Packet injection with Airport Extreme?

  • From: "Jorge Laranjo" <jorge.laranjo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 02:25:33 +0100

So, a D-Link DWL-G122 vB1 or a Linksys WUSB54G v4 will work with Kismac for
packet Injecting (wep) ? And how about the packet injecting WPA? Not so
soon...?
Thanks.

On 9/7/06, Bug Dave <bugdave@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ya that's a great picture on how to add a higher db antenna. I added that to the trac a few days ago. http://kismac.de/_trac/wiki/DWL-G122 . Add more information if you find any =]

On Sep 6, 2006, at 9:16 PM, Jorge Laranjo wrote:

check this http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=317&page=3

On 9/7/06, Bryan Walker <bryan.d.walker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> devnullian, let me know about the antenna connection on the WUSBG
> v4...I've got a line on one and I'd love to know!
>
> On 9/6/06, devnullian@xxxxxxx < devnullian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > You want a D-Link DWL-G122 vB1 or a Linksys WUSB54G v4.  The version
> numbers
> > are important, as that's what indicates that it is a Ralink
> chipset.  There
> > are probably others out there with ralink chipsets, so give google a
> try if
> > you for some reason don't want either of these.
> > The linksys might have an external antenna connector inside.  I'm
> opening
> > mine up right now to find out...
> > Devnullian
> >

> > On Sep 6, 2006, at 7:55 AM, Ronald Rosson wrote:
> > So which USB dongle do we need to keep an eye out for.   ;-)
> >
> > -Ron
> >

> > ________________________________
> > From: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx >
> > Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:22:13 +0930
> > To: "kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Subject: [kismac] Re: Packet injection with Airport Extreme?
> >
> > Complain to Broadcom. They won't release specs about the card at all.
> >
> > It would be theoretically possible to code something out of the
> > reverse-engineered Linux driver... but that will be a difficult job.
> >
> > Ralink USB card = lot nicer, as we do have all the specs, and the
> Linux
> > driver.
> >
> > On 06/09/2006, at 1:32 PM, Bug Dave wrote:
> >
> > don't get your hopes up :( Your best bet i to buy a ralink chipset.
> It's
> > supposed to be the first b/g to support packet injection on kismac
> >
> > On Sep 5, 2006, at 11:21 PM, Rohan Hill wrote:
> >
> > Is this something that is planned / feasible?

-- Atentamente, Jorge Laranjo

email> jorge.laranjo@xxxxxxxxx
gTalk > jorge.laranjo@xxxxxxxxx
msn > jorgelaranjo@xxxxxxxxxxx