[kismac] Re: Packet injection support for Ralink?

  • From: Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 11:59:17 -0800

Please contact me off list with specific questions. I wrote the ralink code and know it quite well. rt2x00 should work on ppc, but rt73 does not. (Someone else wrote the rt73 code as I don't hav an rt73 based device).

Geoff
On Jan 9, 2007, at 1:36 AM, Enrico Placci wrote:

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 19:52:26 -0600
Jeff Evans <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm interested in getting involved with some coding in Kismac.  But
it would be really helpful if someone familiar with the code could
spend 15 minutes giving me an overview (or put something on the
wiki).  Basically, if it boils down to "implement this function that
should do this and this" I can help.  Let me know privately if you
can help me out; thanks.

I would like to help too. I'm currently working on the ralink driver to get it work on ppc, but I've just started, currently I'm looking at the
sources, confronting them to the linux ones, trying to figure out
what's wrong. Currently I'm using apple documentation(Universal Binary
Programming Guidelines, Second Edition) as a guide to endian-related
problems, if you know other intresting documents please tell me ;-)

Enrico