[kismac] Re: [OpenSVN] r84 committed.

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 06:48:06 +0100

On 15.02.2006, at 00:35, themacuser wrote:

I think the issue is simply NOT to reload the driver, but to enable passive mode at startup - it can live alongside managed mode just fine. The issue here is NOT enabling monitor mode, but reloading the driver with it enabled.

If we just change the APMonitorMode key to YES, and leave it there, it only turns on when someone is capturing from the wlt1 interface.

Our problem IS relaoading the driver...

the problem is, apple warned me. if you leave the driver running with monitor mode, there is supposedly a severe performance impact. that is why kismac tries to switch it on and off.
one more thing, please make sure to switch channels from time to time, as otherwise the card will enter sleep mode =(.
and please do not select ALL channels, just the ones that your card suppots... (so either 1-11 or 1-13, unless you live in japan)