[kismac] Re: (No Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:49:42 +1030

  • From: "globo" <globo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:34:14 +0100

> > 2. Custom bullets for APs.
> >    The colorcoding of the rounded bubbles is fine.
> >    Being totally opaque the overlap also.
> >    It would be great to be able to set a custom PNG for each Type.
> >    That way one could use transparency
> Yep, we can try that. They're inside the application bundle if you
>  want to edit them themselves.

I've tried. Transparencies work with the TIFFs they are misaligned
though.only the lower half is visible when replaced. I assume that the
x-axis is also misaligned when a different size is used. (Original size
is 15x15 px I was trying a 45x45 px)

To make that approach usefull (i.e. patching the bundle) the bullets
need to be placed centered in some way.

I've made screenshots of my "beefed-up" area-maps I mentioned in my
other post:

Blurred, inverted and colorized (green for no encryption, red for wep
and blue for wap)

Same image as above except for that the blurred ares have "topographic"

combination of the two above.

I don't even dare to imageine what a OpenGL version of this approach
would look like. Each area of reception drawn as a translucent dome
over it's location over the map. :-)) looks like I'm proposing a
different application by now...