[kismac] Re: Newbie : a few questions please

  • From: Toby <tobia.conforto@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:46:31 +0100

kevin duggan wrote:
> I have a Mac Book Pro and I am fairly new to all this:
> 1. It seems with the MacBook Pro you are limited?

You used to be.  Now it has changed, there's a new passive driver being
tested.  It doesn't work every time, at least for me, and it has various
random problems that I'm still trying to pinpoint, but at least you can
get something out of it.

You can test it out yourself too.  Just grab the development version and
build it from source.  More info here: https://trac.kismac.de/

> This is with the passive or active modes, what is the difference?

> 2. What would be a good book to help

Book?  Just read random guides and articles on the web and poke around
in the program! ;-)

Oh you mean on Cryptography and Cryptoanalysis... well MIT Press and
Addison-Wesley have some fine books on the subject :-P

> do you need to be familiar w/ high level programming.

Not at all, not even to build the development version from source.