[kismac] Newbie - Getting 0 weak keys

  • From: Darren Barnes <dazzyb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:02:16 -0800

Hi,

I have been using Kismac for a couple of weeks now and whether I am scanning my own network, or my neighbours that also use WEP I don't get any weak packets. I am capturing plenty of data packets but none of them are weak.

Here is my setup:

1.25Ghz 15" Aluminum Powerbook (512MB RAM)
OS-X 10.3.2
Airport Extreme Card
Netgear MA401 PCMCIA card (updated with latest Netgear firmware using a windows machine)

Kismac 0.8at (downloaded from link provided in one of the posts where a user's tool kept crashing)

Kismac is set up to use the Prism2 card ONLY. It does not know about the Airport Extreme Card, The AP Extreme is still enabled and being used for surfing while Kismac does it's thing.

After an initial scan of all channels, I select the channel of the Network that I want to grab packets from and let it sit - for days..... Everything looks fine BUT no weak packets are obtained.

I do not have WirelessDriver installed - although I tried it and it didn't recognise my card.

One other thing, when switching from scanning one channel back to scan all channels, existing SSIDs seem to get duplicated and only the new one captures packets (from 0) - the original simply stops appending.

Sorry for the long post but any info will be greatly appreciated.

-Darren