[kismac] Re: Netgear WG511T PCMCIA Card

  • From: Beat Zahnd <beat.zahnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 14:18:21 +0200

Brad Knowles wrote:

 OK. I see... What is the actual status of this Atheros driver? Are
 there any other 802.11g cards with working drivers or better support
 from the manufacturer?

Broadcom-based cards should be recognized by the MacOS X driver from Apple as Apple Airport Express cards, and work as well as any other Apple Airport Express card.

Airport Express? Did you mean Airport Extreme? I forgot to mention that passive mode should be supported. As far as I know the Airport Extreme devices support only passive mode (at least the driver).

-- Beat ZAHND Physics Institute University of Bern phone +41 31 631 3466 Sidlerstrasse 5 fax +41 31 631 4405 CH-3012 Bern (Switzerland) mailto:beat.zahnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

       http://www.phim.unibe.ch/rosina/rosina.html
                http://rosetta.esa.int/