[kismac] Re: Netgear WG511T PCMCIA Card

  • From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:35:49 +0200

At 2:07 PM +0200 2004-07-08, Beat Zahnd wrote:

 OK, I got a clear view of that situation yesterday. What is the state of
 the passive Atheros code.

My understanding is that it is very early alpha right now. Passive-capable Atheros code is under development for Linux (and presumably other freely available OSes, such as FreeBSD), and Mick is/was working with those teams to bring that over to KisMac and MacOS X. But I don't recall them having gotten very far.

Why is the source not in the KisMAC CVS.

See above.

 Then I should ask a colleague in our electronics department to glue
 together something with a well documented chipset. He has done that
 already with 802.11b stuff for an embedded device.

You can glue together anything you want. But where would you get the drivers?

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755