[kismac] Re: Netgear WG511T PCMCIA Card

  • From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:35:49 +0200

At 2:07 PM +0200 2004-07-08, Beat Zahnd wrote:

 OK, I got a clear view of that situation yesterday. What is the state of
 the passive Atheros code.

My understanding is that it is very early alpha right now. Passive-capable Atheros code is under development for Linux (and presumably other freely available OSes, such as FreeBSD), and Mick is/was working with those teams to bring that over to KisMac and MacOS X. But I don't recall them having gotten very far.

Why is the source not in the KisMAC CVS.

See above.

 Then I should ask a colleague in our electronics department to glue
 together something with a well documented chipset. He has done that
 already with 802.11b stuff for an embedded device.

You can glue together anything you want. But where would you get the drivers?

Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755