[kismac] Re: Netgear WG511T PCMCIA Card

  • From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:07:53 +0200

At 5:39 PM +0200 2004-07-07, Beat Zahnd wrote:

 Maybe. But which 802.11g devices have a well working kismac-driver
 for passive mode? There seems to be some problems with Atheros
 devices because of lack of documentation. At least with KisMAC
 0.12a my Netgear WG511T is not working.

Let's get back to basics.

If you want 802.11g support and can live with the limitations of active scanning, then Broadcom-based cards are the obvious choice (recognized as Airport Extreme cards).

If you want 802.11g with support for passive scanning, then Atheros-based cards are the only option, and they have the attendant problems that have already been discussed.

There are no other 802.11g options that I know of, at least not for MacOS X. It's either Broadcom, or Atheros. That's it.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755