[kismac] Re: Multi Threaded Crack -- Please test

  • From: Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 20:50:18 -0700

Sorry, I believe this is because I sent a zerolink version by mistake, please try the updated version at the same address. It really shouldn't crash on launch because there is nothing different in the code until you choose to crack a network.

On Feb 17, 2006, at 7:30 PM, Lee Lindquist wrote:

Here's a copy of the crash log if anyone is curious.

And it's not latestpics.tgz ... I promise =)

On Feb 17, 2006, at 5:04 PM, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:

I have attempted to make the wep cracking engine (weak scheduling attack) use 1 thread per processor if you have more than one processor. Currently, it only uses one thread regardless of the number of processors you have. As I only have one processor, can someone please test this for me. In the console.log it should print out the number of cracking threads it is starting. Also, if you find any other issues please add them to the ticket in trac about multiple threads. (ie if you can crack a net using one thread, but not the same net using multiple threads)