[kismac] Re: More about SSID and Network Type...

  • From: "Java Nut" <javanut20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 09:06:04 -0600

By waypoint, I mean a point that one passes through while traveling. I would like to insert marker records in the list as I pass through selected points, then when I look at the list later, I know about where the networks are. I do not have a GPS.

How about an easy way to add waypoints to mark where one is on the road, while scanning. Perhaps almost any keystroke during a scan could begin an entry of a new data line on the screen called a waypoint and the characters typed would appear in that line as a label to name the waypoint until another network is encountered, which would close the entry of that waypoint. Then any characters typed would start a new waypoint marker. If one is scanning while driving a car, one could just reach over and hit any key without looking and remember where they were at the time they typed garbage, or if one is stopped at a traffic light, they could look and type a few meaningful keys abbreviating where they are at.

I do not really get what you mean. Do you use the term waypoint in the way it is used in KisMAC? Or do you just think of it, like the way it is used in GPS recievers?

Cell phone ?switch? rules are taking effect ? find out more here. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/consumeradvocate.armx