[kismac] Re: Monitor Mode Benchmarks

  • From: "Brian" <whj6z7602@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:46:13 -0500

On Feb 16, 2006, at 8:18 PM, Robin L Darroch robin-at-spade-men.com | KisMAC list/personal| wrote:

I vote for permanently enabling monitor mode upon install. (after asking the user of course)

I'd like to propose an amendment to that - at least worth considering - to permanently enable monitor mode when the user selects Airport Extreme passive mode in the Drivers pref pane... then disable it again if and when the user removes that driver from the list. Maybe?

Agreed -- please consider any of these options _only_ if the user is actually using the Airport adapter for capture/scanning. I use a PCCard adapter (Senao/Prism) with KisMAC, and I'd rather not have it mucking with my Airport adapter _at_all_.

 - Brian