[kismac] Re: Maps (was Re: KisMAC 0.09a_

  • From: Johnny Cache <johnycsh@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:17:25 -0600 (CST)

Hi Theodore,

I've actually been modifying gpsdrive lately for a school project to track
planes using gps things so i thought id give you a rundown on how it
works.

gpsdrive already has the ability to draw AP's out of a mysql DB as
generated by kismet. The most straight forward solution is probably to
just get kismac to put AP's in a db in the same format. would probably be
pretty easy.

gpsdrive also has the ability to draw "friends" by connecting to a
friendserver. The protocol is remarkably simple (just plain text.) I wrote
a little perl program that proxy's data from our database of plane
positions to gpsdrive's friend server. ill send you the code if your
interested.
Theres a script included with gpdrive to generate the table. "createdb" or
something similliar

Best of luck
-jc