[kismac] Re: Maps (was Re: KisMAC 0.09a_

  • From: Michael Borthwick <holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:43:26 +1100

On 19/03/2004, at 3:26 PM, Ryan Verner wrote:

On 19/03/2004, at 2:05 PM, Michael Borthwick wrote:

On 19/03/2004, at 2:16 PM, Ryan Verner wrote:

How *do* people load maps in?

File > Import > Image

Tried that, all my images are greyed out.
So they're loading but they're grey? I presume you've tried different formats ie .jpg

It's obviously just more than selecting an image; it has to be at the right scale/calibration.

Calibrate by setting Waypoint 1 and Waypoint 2 (ideally at diagonally opposite corners of the map).

Hmm, so I actually have to drive to those places to set the way point (hard, considering the amount of maps I'd like to use)?
No. Just tell kismac the lat and long of two points on the map. You only need to drive there if you can't read a map.
Is there any way to convert my existing .map files?
Convert ?

How would I load my maps?

See above.

Is there any way to save these waypoints for future use?
The waypoints are stored with the map.
Can I use multiple maps (i.e. I've got ~80 street maps), and KisMAC will switch between these as needed?
How about solving one problem at a time Ryan.