[kismac] Re: Maps (was Re: KisMAC 0.09a_

  • From: Ryan Verner <xfesty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:56:38 +1030

On 19/03/2004, at 2:05 PM, Michael Borthwick wrote:

On 19/03/2004, at 2:16 PM, Ryan Verner wrote:

How *do* people load maps in?

File > Import > Image

Tried that, all my images are greyed out.

It's obviously just more than selecting an image; it has to be at the right scale/calibration.

Calibrate by setting Waypoint 1 and Waypoint 2 (ideally at diagonally opposite corners of the map).

Hmm, so I actually have to drive to those places to set the way point (hard, considering the amount of maps I'd like to use)? Is there any way to convert my existing .map files?

How would I load my maps?

See above.

Is there any way to save these waypoints for future use? Can I use multiple maps (i.e. I've got ~80 street maps), and KisMAC will switch between these as needed?

Signature space for rent.