[kismac] Maps (was Re: KisMAC 0.09a_

  • From: Ryan Verner <xfesty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:46:31 +1030

On 19/03/2004, at 6:31 AM, Michael Rossberg wrote:

Hi,

I thought it would be time for a new release ;o). I did a zillion of bug fixes the last 2 month, lets hope it will have a positive effect. This new version includes netstumbler import, native gpsd support, faster wordlist attacks. also kismac should stay stable even

I'm really keen on using the GPS functionality, but I'm still not sure how I can import maps. I've bought a bunch of Australian maps (street level, 0:50, 0:250), which are either in TIFF or GIF format, and they come with .map files for use with a Windows application called 'oziexplorer'. (I can email anybody interested a URL with some sample files on it if they're interested in looking).

How *do* people load maps in? It's obviously just more than selecting an image; it has to be at the right scale/calibration. How would I load my maps?

Signature space for rent.