[kismac] Re: Maps

  • From: ard.jonker@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 18:49:05 +0200

>  > map image) and a waypoints.plist. You can open the latter with any
>>  text editor or with a property list editor.
>
>I opened up the waypoints.plist and found that the pixel coordinate for
>waypoint 2 was at 1/4th of what it should be. I multiplied the two
>numbers by 4, saved the file, and now the map is as it should be. I
>wonder if there is a bug in the routine that sets the waypoints and it
>doesn't multiply the pixel locations by your zoom level?

The pixel coordinates could vary wildly. I have a large map (9 MB)
that can usefully be zoomed in some 8 times. If you click lower left
of the visible portion to set your way point while zoomed in on the
top left of the map, then move over to the lower right of the map,
but set the waypoint in the upper right of the zoomed in window, one
would obtain the most interesting traces.

The bug has been on and off, depending on the last versions (after
the letter of the version, so it might have been on and  off in
0.05b2, b3, b4 respectively).. The reference should be to the pixels
in the map coordinates, not to the screen coordinates.

I think Mick has it quite under control by now.

ard