[kismac] Map stuff

  • From: ard.jonker@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:10:01 +0200

On Maps, I just found out that if your map is not North-South aligned
you have bad tracing, much worse than with NS maps. Typical examples
of non-aligned maps are where historic development of an area (often
a city along a river etc.) dictates the most economical use of paper.
Amsterdam happens to be an example of a city where maps are usually
aligned nw/se and that was probably the cause of the errors I got.
With a geographically more correct map, I get much better traces.

Not that I'm able to show, for as soon as I save or export stuff,
Kismac crashes :-( Also, when having calibrated the map and I do a
'set current position' while the GPS shows (360,720), ie.
non-initialised, the map calibration goes bonkers.