[kismac] Re: Macbook Pro & Prism II USB Possible for Packet Injection?

  • From: Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 10:03:24 -0700

On Apr 2, 2006, at 1:44 AM, Court K wrote:

Are there any USB 802.11 usb adapters that will work with my macbook pro and kismac?

I want something that lets me do passive mode + authentication flood + reinject packets. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a USB device I can by?

Maybe one-day there will be an expresscard solution. Also, I know the Kismac developer has no plans to release passive mode on the macbook pros, but does the actual Intel Pro Wireless chipset support passive mode? I heard it does, and was curious about this.

PS I'm aware that the Intel builds are alpha... But do they work with usb Prism2 adapters? also where can i buy a usb adapter with a prism2 chipset? What OS X Support can I expect? I assume the dlink Prism2 usb adapters require drivers for OS X which obviously haven't been updated to work on intel chips.

Kismac has its own driver for usb devices and has been ported to intel. Not all features have been tested, but the prism 2 usb adapters are known to be working on intel.

Geoff