[kismac] Macbook Pro & Prism II USB Possible for Packet Injection?

  • From: Court K <kizer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 01:44:13 -0800

Are there any USB 802.11 usb adapters that will work with my macbook pro and kismac?

I want something that lets me do passive mode + authentication flood + reinject packets. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a USB device I can by?

Maybe one-day there will be an expresscard solution. Also, I know the Kismac developer has no plans to release passive mode on the macbook pros, but does the actual Intel Pro Wireless chipset support passive mode? I heard it does, and was curious about this.

PS I'm aware that the Intel builds are alpha... But do they work with usb Prism2 adapters? also where can i buy a usb adapter with a prism2 chipset? What OS X Support can I expect? I assume the dlink Prism2 usb adapters require drivers for OS X which obviously haven't been updated to work on intel chips.