[kismac] Re: MAC spoofing...

  • From: vincent malguy <malguy_v@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 14:33:02 +0100 (CET)

if you just want  to inject traffic there a other way call nemesis .
http://www.packetfactory.net/Projects/nemesis/

the problem is that they claim not to support mac os x during the
compilation (but they claim to support it in there web site ...).

I was not able to succesfully compile it (libnet was ok but not nemesis) ,
if you succed , please let me know.

thank.

> actually macjack has this capability. but it does not help you, since
> there is no way to open a connection.
> there is no way to do this on a airport card.
> what can you do:
>     -  patch the wireless driver to support mac spoofing. i always
> wanted to do that.
>     -  upgrade the firmware of a prism2 card and burn another MAC
> address into it.
>
> what probably wont work:
>     -  patching your kernel. ( because the airport driver is not part of
> the kernel and not opensource either )
>
> ==> if you have an airport card you are screwed. if you have a prism
> card, there is some work todo.
>
> >> In order to spoof a MAC address on the mac you need to rebuild your
> >> kernel, but DHCP is not supported, so it is pretty much rendered
> >> useless.  Also, your airport card has its own MAC, so I'm not sure
> >> that
> >> this would be of any use for wardriving.
> >
> > This is of great use for accessing BaseStations that are using MAC
> > Address-based authentication.  Awesome part is with a wireless sniffer
> > like KisMAC you can also see the MAC addresses of users on that
> > basestation to clone, so you know where to start.  And if DHCP is not
> > available... well then shit, it's not like every basestation happens to
> > work on 192.168, or 10.10, and it's not like all of their basestation
> > IP
> > addresses aren't the base-ip of that range (192.168.0.1 / 10.0.0.1)
> > that
> > would be ludicrous, lol.  Go wardriving a bit man, you'll see.  =)
> > When
> > you come to a odd basestation you can't associate with properly, and it
> > doesn't require a password, 4 times out of 5 it is using MAC
> > authentication.

"Doigt de pied ... "