[kismac] Re: MAC spoofing...

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 12:45:20 +0100

>>> I'm wondering if it would be possible to add MAC Spoofing capability
>>> to KisMAC? Or if anyone knows of any way to spoof the MAC on a OS X
>>> system. I'm interested in using it for some wireless testing.

actually macjack has this capability. but it does not help you, since
there is no way to open a connection.
there is no way to do this on a airport card.
what can you do:
    -  patch the wireless driver to support mac spoofing. i always
wanted to do that.
    -  upgrade the firmware of a prism2 card and burn another MAC
address into it.

what probably wont work:
    -  patching your kernel. ( because the airport driver is not part of
the kernel and not opensource either )

==> if you have an airport card you are screwed. if you have a prism
card, there is some work todo.