[kismac] Re: MAC Spoofing with ibook G3

  • From: "N. Karras" <nkarras@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:04:39 -0500

The original iBook airport slot will accept a regular PCMCIA card.  That's
one step in the so-called Silver-To-Gold solution, where you turn an Orinico
64 bit (Silver) into an Orinoco 128 bit (gold) card via software update.
However...  When such an Orinoco card us inserted, the computer will only
treat it as an Airport card, since Apple's airport card is essentially a
Lucent Orinoco card.  From what I have read, it will not work with other
wireless cards even if they do fit.