[kismac] MA111 interruptRecieved

  • From: Patrick Kelley <opticrealm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:03:29 -0700

Hey guys, I did a little more debugging on the problem I posted about
before.  (I was dead-wrong before, so don't read my previous post =P

My MA111 will work great in passive mode for a few minutes.  It will
then crash with the message, "A driver error occured with your USB
device, make sure it is properly connected..."

I traced this error message to the nextFrame method inside
WaveDriverUSBIntersil.mm file.  This error occurs because the line
"_driver->recieveFrame();" will return a null value.

The recieveFrame method is defined in USBIntersil.mm.  I added an
NSLog statement to discover that recieveFrame is returning Null
because the _framesize is 0.

I discovered that the framesize becomes zero because (somehow) the
interruptRecieved method inside USBIntersil.mm is called in such a way
that both nested if-statements become true.

The two conditions are that kIOReturnSuccess != result, AND, result =

Unfortunately, I don't know what this means.  What type of condition
is forcing the interruptRecieved method to execute in this way?  What
does it mean for the result to be 0xe00002ed?

Any help would be much appreciated.  I'm on a 12" iBook, 1.2Ghz,
512RAM on OSX 10.3.9.  I've re-enabled the setuid thing by running
"sudo sysctl -w kern.sugid_scripts=1".

-Patrick Kelley
Arizona State University