[kismac] Re: Lucent WaveLAN gold - versions

  • From: Ulf Wetzker <ulfsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 09:41:26 +0200

On Mon, 5 May 2003 00:14:46 -0700
Mark Grimes <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Or not... hmmmm
> PC Cards can be accessed through Virtual PC only through it's shared
> services.  For example if the Mac is configured to access the web via
> a networking PC Card, then Virtual PC can also access the web through
> Shared IP.  If such a thing as a PC Card hard drive exists, then VPC
> could access that via a Shared Folder.  Virtual PC cannot access PC
> Card devices directly.
> It would seem you would need direct access to the device, ala the
> keyspan adapter through both osx driver to get it recognized by vpc,
> and the windoze xp driver to get it recognized in the virtual machine
> for the garmin update util.  Perhaps this would work through a USB
> PCMCIA reader?
> Probably be worth testing, tough to do if you don't happen to have an
> x86 laptop running native windows (2 evils!)
> Mark

hmm if you f*** up your firmware you might not be able to flash it
again! I thing most cards are doing some kind of software flashing...
The card has its own flashing routine, so it just get the new firmware
from you computer and than the card is doing all the flashing...
So if something is going wrong and your card isn't working no more, than
you might get some problems flashing it again...
So please be careful :)

cu ulf