[kismac] Re: Living on the edge with the new MacBook, cont'd

  • From: "Farmer Booty" <bootyfarm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 20:41:14 -0500

On 5/12/06, themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The latest SVN builds include passive mode on MBP atheros. Give that
a try.

I've been giving R148 a go (found it on alpha.binaervarianz.de/)

So far:
It works - meaning nothing has exploded, imploded or otherwise hobbled
my new MBP. However it captures MANY fewer packets than the DWL-122
does - which might be a function of the hardware. The MBP Airport
isn't known for fantastic antenna gain. Yet in the same environment
the dwl-122 steadily captures IV's and other data packets the Airport
captures none. Finally since I cannot choose the Aiport Extreme as a
primary driver, I can't attest to it's injection or flooding
capabilities. So far, so good but I suspect more remains to be done.