[kismac] Live tcpdumping 802.11 frames
- From: Olivier Warin <daffy@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 01:42:31 +0200
I am using KisMACng R75 for Airport Extreme passive mode support.
I would like to be able to dump raw 802.11 frames when kismac is
running (thus using kismac driver) nevertheless when I try to dump
from wlt1 I get this error:
daffy@linda:~/src %> sudo tcpdump -i
tcpdump: WARNING: BIOCPROMISC: Operation not supported on socket
tcpdump: WARNING: wlt1: no IPv4 address assigned
tcpdump: unsupported data link type IEEE802_11_RADIO_AVS
... and nothing ...
I assume that wlt1 is the right device for this purpose, and not en1,
since en1 seems to only support EN10MB
daffy@linda:~/src %> sudo tcpdump -L
Data link types (use option -y to set):
1) What is IEEE802_11_RADIO_AVS ? I cannot find something really
helpfull expect it is imported from wlan-ng.
2) Why does not IEEE802_11 appear in -L ?
3) Is there a way to run something like tcpdump -y IEEE802_11 (or
something similar) to see the beacons, authentification process ...
on the wlt1 device ?
I have tried with MacOSX tcpdump and with tcpdump-3.9.3 compiled from
I would appreciate some advice.
Thx in advance, Sincerely,
Other related posts:
- » [kismac] Live tcpdumping 802.11 frames