[kismac] Re: Kismac questions

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:12:32 +0200

> I have a Garmin eTrek Legend (s/w v.3.20) + keyspan usb->serial +
> latest Kismac publicly available.
> I'm wondering if there is anything special I need to do to get Kismac
> to recognize it.  It surely detects the GPS, but even when set to NMEA
> In->Out, clicking on Map during active stumble says that it is not
> functioning properly.
> However, when firing up MacGPSPro, I can track the stumble just fine.
> I was wondering if there is something I'm missing here.
> I've installed GPSdrive from fink, but alas if Kismac does not
> recognize the stumbler I cannot produce AP locations on the track log
> and can only do post-calibration of map + track log from MGP without
> APs.

unfortunately i dont have a keyspan adapter to check for myself. but it
it was reported to be working with 0.04a. since we change the whole
internals when switching to 0.04b this does not help us much, but it
might show some more hints if you try the old version. also there might
be informations on the error in your system.log and console.log. may be
you can take a look into it?

> On another front...
> Has anyone been successful when using both a prism2 card + airport card
> (inject/sniff respectively) for spoofed arp injection.
> Deauthentication seems to work, but when I try to use both for spoofed
> arp it pulls up the error dialog that something hasn't been
> configured.properly (whereas I see no other way to configure it -- plug
> in pcmcia card, select MacJack driver, restart Kismac, click scan,
> select inject arps upon finding a wepped AP)

you will need to select the viha driver. it is used for the initial
scanning. if you think that you have enough interesting packets, you
start the injection (kismac will start macjack automatically). this
should be it. kismac will print a lot of debugging infos into
console.log. i will take a look at it next week....

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (Darwin)