[kismac] Re: Kismac on the new Macbook (NOT Pro)

  • From: Chris M <rollfaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 21:23:35 -0400

I bought a macbook on day one. I know for a fact that passive mode is now supported on the atheros chipset (AR5006EX) that the macbook and MBP have inside in revisions r148 and later. Channel hopping works fine, as does single channel, though there may be some issues that crop up from time to time. The head developer of KisMAC has a MBP and is interested in getting it fully up to speed with KisMAC's features.

No traffic sending or attacks, though, without a prism2 usb card (and I can confirm that those work as well on the intel platform).

On May 22, 2006, at 8:34 PM, Piotr Malecki wrote:

I'm hoping to get a 2.0GHz 1GB white MacBook within the next 2-3
months and was wondering what chipset they have for wifi, and whether
it's supported by Kismac (active or passive scanning or even

BTW I sure hope Apple add a BTO for a dedicated video card and
possibly a non-glossy screen