[kismac] Re: Kismac captures 1,000,000+ packets, but none are DATA or IVs ?

  • From: Michael Capizzo <mikecapz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:25:56 -0400

Hmm, I have it enabled however, I sill get an error that it's not compatible with the Intel machines yet. It could be that I don't have build 158...
On Aug 30, 2006, at 1:34 AM, Rohan Hill wrote:

There’s a driver with the latest build I have (158 I believe) that is called Airport Extreme Passive Mode – or something to that effect. I had to completely trash my existing kismac, and install the latest build, and it took a couple tries, but the driver eventually showed up. I believe it’s a standard option now though – and if you use the kismac installer, I don’t know why you wouldn’t see it.

One word of advice – it’s tedious to get any results with it – I’ve captured over a million packets, and no IVs, and it doesn’t seem to capture data packets AT ALL, even when there are plenty of data packets shooting around.

The problem, is that I can’t seem to find ANY prism2 usb dongles available ANYWHERE for sale – at least under $100.