[kismac] Re: Kismac captures 1,000,000+ packets, but none are DATA or IVs ?

  • From: "Rohan Hill" <rohan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 01:34:04 -0400

There's a driver with the latest build I have (158 I believe) that is called
Airport Extreme Passive Mode - or something to that effect. I had to
completely trash my existing kismac, and install the latest build, and it
took a couple tries, but the driver eventually showed up. I believe it's a
standard option now though - and if you use the kismac installer, I don't
know why you wouldn't see it.

One word of advice - it's tedious to get any results with it - I've captured
over a million packets, and no IVs, and it doesn't seem to capture data
packets AT ALL, even when there are plenty of data packets shooting around.

The problem, is that I can't seem to find ANY prism2 usb dongles available
ANYWHERE for sale - at least under $100.

  _____