[kismac] Re: KisMACng Macbook Pro Intel

  • From: Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:58:01 -0800

The atheros driver does not have a passive mode so passive mode will not be possible on mbp without us writing our own driver.

On Mar 22, 2006, at 5:35 PM, Aldenwoods wrote:

I can load the Airport Extreme driver in Active mode and see networks, but when I go to load the Airport Extreme Driver in Passive mode, It appears that the drive loads but I don't see any networks.
Has anyone been able to get KisMac R113 or other to work on a Macbook Pro Intel 2.1Ghz in passive mode?
It also appears that the MBP Intel is using an Atheros based chipset, vs. my iMac Intel running the Broadcom. I also tried to load the Atheros driver but it does not load at all.