[kismac] Re: KisMAC is way buggy

  • From: Ryan Verner <xfesty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:29:15 +1030

On 08/03/2004, at 2:47 AM, Jeff Schwartz wrote:

I apologize. I didn't mean to imply that Mick isn't doing a good job. As you point out, he is doing this in his spare time and the software is in alpha release. I simply wanted to say that KisMAC is not in a state that is currently useable for me. Your mileage may vary.

I guess I got a little upset the other day when with high hopes I tried the latest KisMAC and it locked up, deleting 700 APs I had just recorded. ***takes deep breaths and meditates***

I've found the same with high level of AP's; it does crash quite often.

Perhaps there is need for a shareware product, so that Mick can spend more than just his spare time on KisMAC. Just a thought.

I'd happily pay USD $15 or something for KisMAC. If this means quicker development, I'm all for it. Note, the source code is open via CVS, which means others can contribute, but it doesn't really appear to be happening currently.

Signature space for rent.