[kismac] Re: KisMAC is way buggy

  • From: "Nathan Karras" <nkarras@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 23:36:26 -0500

I personally have very few of these problems.  I agree that it is
unpredictable with my Aironet card, which is why I don't use it.  The
Orinoco Gold works better for me anyway (Not sure why but it does)....

I used to have crash problems when resizing Kismac with the map open.  The
0.7x+ versions do not do this to me.

The only times it does not unload the drivers for wireless cards is if it
crashes.  I have never had this problem otherwise.  I have on occasion lost
my menu bar Airport icon, though it still works correctly without the icon
after closing Kismac, through the system prefs.

I have not had more than about 400-450 APs in one list at a time so I cannot
comment on that problem.  I generally do lists in set areas (Not a whole
city), then start over in a new area.

Try with a little less hostility please, remember that Mick is one person
who especially considering everything else he is doing, is doing a great
job, and I for one hope he keeps it up.

NPK