[kismac] Re: KisMAC Maintenance (Airport Extreme)

  • From: Robin L Darroch <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:05:25 +0800

I deleted the email from the guy who doesn't feel comfortable with svn, but read the book.
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Thanks! I was happy with my "svn up KisMacng" command, but I'll have a look at the book over time and try and get the hang of more than that. Don't suppose you know of a similar guide for rsync, do you?

On another topic, would you be one to consider maintaining the central code repository for KisMAC? I don't think I should take on the position - even once I get more comfortable with the range of functions of svn - simply because my time available for such involvement is too sporadic (I've only had lots of time this week because I'm flying out of a different base away from home). As exhibit A, I've had "write GPS doco for KisMAC" on my To Do list for months now... and it still doesn't exist.

If I may attempt to summarise - we've had the following offers so far:

Design/Feature ideas:
everyone, but more specifically...
globo

Website overhaul/maintenance:
themacuser

Forum moderator(s):
John Warren
themacuser

Project code maintenance:
Geoffrey Kruse
? Francis Gulotta

Perhaps if Francis & Geoffrey are willing to be co-maintainers for the svn repository, then themacuser can work on overhauling the site and creating forums, which themacuser and John can then moderate.

... and of course, in a couple of months, we'll look forward to seeing a bit more of Mick.

Are folks happy with that idea?  Any corrections/omissions?

Great to see the project getting some more activity!

Robin

 Robin L. Darroch - PO Box 2715, South Hedland WA 6722 - +61 421 503 966
      robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx