[kismac] Re: KisMAC Maintenance

  • From: Brad Knowles <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 01:00:47 +0100

At 3:38 PM -0800 2006-01-27, Kevin Bringard wrote:

 Oh, and another thing that may or may not be of interest to us now - the
 MacBookPro (and intel iMac) have a > different wireless chipset. This
 apparently supports 802.11a as I hear...

Word on the street is they are using the Intel Pro Wireless chipset, which if I recall already has linux drivers... so it shouldn't be *too* awfully hard to port them over.

My understanding is that the MacBook Pro models which have been seen so far are engineering prototypes, and the actual production features and models have not yet been finalized. So, it may be difficult to say precisely what the features will be for the production models.

Brad Knowles, <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755