[kismac] Re: KisMAC Maintenance

  • From: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 10:11:47 +1030

Yeah. We're waiting for someone to actually get one.
802.11a scanning would be cool as well. How many 802.11a channels are there? I've never used it.

On 28/01/2006, at 10:08 AM, Kevin Bringard wrote:

> Oh, and another thing that may or may not be of interest to us now - the
> MacBookPro (and intel iMac) have a > different wireless chipset. This
> apparently supports 802.11a as I hear...

Word on the street is they are using the Intel Pro Wireless chipset, which if I recall already has linux drivers... so it shouldn't be *too* awfully hard to port them over.

From http://labs.pcw.co.uk/2006/01/apple_unviels_d.html:

FYI - The laptops are Centrino Duo - they support 802.11a/b/g and use the Intel PRO/Wireless chipset.

-- Kevin

PS. Good work so far everyone, the few issues are nothing int he face of what can now be done... plus it helps to keep the script kiddies from just pwning networks ;-)