[kismac] Re: KisMAC 0.12a preview

  • From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 20:14:57 +0200

At 8:06 PM +0200 2004/05/05, Michael Rossberg wrote:

the attack is indeed against 40-bit networks only.

That's weird, because I use 40-bit keys myself (legacy reasons), and I've tried Newsham's attack many times to no avail.

To be honest, I really would like to recover the real password (which I have since forgotten ;-( ), as opposed to continually going into the one application I have where the password is available to me as a series of hex digits.

Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>