[kismac] Re: KisMAC 0.12a preview

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 20:06:28 +0200

the newsham attack doesn't seem to want to work for my network, it runs a 40-bit ASCII attack, and then the error says that maybe the network wasn't 40/104 bit (mine's 104) .. so i guess I'm not sure if its suposed to work on 104, or if the error message is wrong, or if i don't have enough data for it to realize that its a 104bit network and run a 104bit attack.

the attack is indeed against 40-bit networks only.

p.s. the server was down, because of this dumb new windows worm :o(