[kismac] Re: KisMAC 0.12a preview

  • From: Luca Micali <luca.micali@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 17:12:43 +0200

On 5-05-2004 16:33, "Michael Rossberg" <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> i need feedback for the install engine and for the attacks. in
by now i can report that the installer works.
my configuration is a powerbook g4 17" with a netgear ma111 usb adapter
and a avaya gold pc card. the ma111 has drivers properly installed (the
tricked dlink ones) but the avaya card has no driver.

both adapter plugged, the installer in the "choos a configuration!" part
told me just "configure manually" and "prism2 usb device".

avaya card plugged and no ma111 it still didn't see the avaya card. it's
a matter of drivers?

the option for keeping past kismac configuration works well, but loses
the suid on scripts (thing that i see as a feature ;) )

> particular, whether there are a lot of access points, which generate
> now weak keys, and did not before. these new weak keys will not revel
> the first bytes of the key but these could easily be bruteforced by a
> hybrid weak key/bruteforce attack, which i would write if it is found
> useful.
mhm! i think that tonight i will be out for wardriving!

> thanks!
many thanks to you and to all the active supporters of this great piece
of software!

luca