[kismac] KisMAC 0.12a preview

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 16:33:16 +0200

Hi,

I need help again. I prepared a new kismac version over the weekend it contains the following advances over the LEAP version, that i gave out:

* major bug fix for the thing that Erik reported
* newsham attack has major speed improvements
* weak key detection bug fixed and a lot more sensitive
* better OS X look & feel due the usage of sheets instead of modal windows
* kismac will no longer try to use unsupported channels (and thus causing a crash of the card) - this is only interesting for misconfigurations
* the decrypt function accepts 40-bit windows passwords
* you can join a network by double clicking the network in the map view
* new install engine supports not overwriting of preferences & inital configuration wizard

i need feedback for the install engine and for the attacks. in particular, whether there are a lot of access points, which generate now weak keys, and did not before. these new weak keys will not revel the first bytes of the key but these could easily be bruteforced by a hybrid weak key/bruteforce attack, which i would write if it is found useful.
i would like to know whether the install engine, works out ok, since it is a complete rewrite.

download link: <http://binaervarianz.de/downloads.php? action=download&mirror=http&file_id=21>

thanks!

mick