[kismac] Re: KisMAC 0.11a

  • From: Theodore <theodore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:19:30 -0500

I don't have any WPA access points, however, the changes didn't cause it to blow up for what i use it for.

Good work on the release!

-- Theodore www.wpgwifi.com

BOFH excuse #366: ATM cell has no roaming feature turned on, notebooks can't connect

On 29-Apr-04, at 3:00 AM, Michael Rossberg wrote:

Hey,

It is time for a new version (again ;). KisMAC now includes a proof-of-concept wordlist attack against WPA. The attack itself will work only for TKIP mode, but it should be easy to modify it for AES mode. KisMAC utilizes Altivec for the attack, but due the well-designed structure of WPA, the attack will not perform very well.
To attack WPA you must observe a complete key exchange of at least one client. One can force such an exchange by doing a short injection of deauthentication packets.
Other new features:

Thanks to Vincent Malguy, KisMAC is now completely localized to French.
Unless the Airport card is occupied in passive mode, one can easily join a network from the network menu now.

I am still looking for translators for German/Spanish/Esperanto ;).

direct link: <http://binaervarianz.de/downloads.php? action=download&mirror=http&file_id=13>

mick