[kismac] Re: KisMAC 0.08a

  • From: Theodore <theodore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:16:46 -0600

Just downloaded and installed it. Seems to work good for me, but I've got a fairly simple setup (prism2 usb, and airport extreme)

Theo

On 21-Jan-04, at 11:32 AM, Michael Rossberg wrote:

Hi everyone,

KisMAC is finally compatible with 802.11g! This KisMAC release adds experimental support for Atheros based Cardbus/PCI cards. I also fixed a couple of bugs, but not as many as I would have liked to fix. Thanks for the guys, who reported them!
The Atheros support has currently the following known problems:
• only support for 10.3
• no power management support
• supports only FCC channels (1-11)
• no support for 802.11a 5GHz band

I also want to beg for help:
John Bellardo and I are working on a complete Atheros driver for MacOS X, however both of us have not much spare time, so if you are a kernel developer and willing to help please contact me.
Have fun and let me know, if it works on your machines, so I can update the versions on macupdate and versiontracker.

mick