[kismac] Re: KisMAC 0.05e

  • From: ard.jonker@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 01:52:24 +0200

At 0:34 +0200 03/09/16, Michael Rossberg wrote:
>  >    Also, I would recommend that you do not clear the traffic chart
>>  when minimizing the window after data collection has stopped.  It is
>>  useful to be able to go back and see what traffic used to look like
>>  for the previous measurements, without necessarily being forced to
>>  take a screen dump after collecting the data and before doing
>  > anything else.

Just a thought on a similar issue that crossed my mind when I saw all
my traffic and signal data disappear while the scanning had been
temporarily halted.
An elegant, but possibly a bit more difficult to program, solution to
this kind of 'clearing graphs' would be not to keep the graph
shifting out when scanning is halted, but make the x-axis look like
----//--- at the place (//) where scanning has been interrupted...

ard
PS. the reason that I'm posting so many messages after a long time at
once is called 'holiday' (finally :-)