[kismac] Re: KisMAC 0.05b3 feedback

  • From: ard.jonker@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 22:04:17 +0200

>Hi guys,

Not one single lass out here?

>the new features are:
>
>       We are using GCC 3.3 now.
>       Some Bugs were removed.
>       KisMAC checks now, whether a driver is still in use. This should
>prevent a lot of crashes.
>       KisMAC is also able to detect active stumblers, such as macstumbler
>users.
>
>I would like some feedback, since this has only be tested under panther.

10.2.6, tibook/400, airport card, orinoco gold card:
viha driver scans all right (doesn't catch any AP's due to poor antenna)
MacJack driver scans and finds the usual neighbouring AP's.

Sequence: download, install Kismac 5b3, insert orinoco card, start
kismac, select viha driver, start scanning, cancel scanning, select
MacJack driver, start scanning, stop scanning, quit kismac. I can
even switch airport and wireless driver back on!

As opposed to 5b1 and 5b2 I can export the networks list as MacStumbler again.

Sorry to say Larry, but here all in all it is improvements all over
the place. Only have to check GPS behaviour.

Ard