[kismac] Kernel panic

  • From: Alan Shuchat <ashuchat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 17:14:29 -0400

I'm looking for hotspot-finding software that will work with a PC card, Panther, and non-Apple wireless hardware. From what I can tell, KisMAC is the only "stumbling" software that is compatible with Panther and doesn't require an Airport card or base station. I'm having trouble getting KisMAC 0.11b to work with my Powerbook.

I have a G3 series Powerbook (Lombard 333MHz) running OS 10.3.3, with a Lucent Orinoco Silver PC card, and WirelessDriver 1.0.0b5.1. I can connect to my Belkin wireless router when KisMAC isn't running.

I installed KisMAC 0.11b, installing the WirelessDriver patch as recommended. I chose the Orinoco driver in the KisMAC preferences. When I tried to scan, to see if KisMAC could find my own Belkin WLAN, there was a kernel panic.

Has anyone gotten KisMAC to work in a similar situation? What I might I be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Alan